Understanding how or why a railroad accident occurred can be a challenging scientific process. Our engineers have substantial experience with the reconstruction of railroad crossing accidents involving both vehicles and pedestrians.
Armstrong engineers provide detailed analyses of train EDR data reports, speed calculations, physical evidence evaluations, line-of-sight, and visibility issues, and accident sequence time-space relationships. Our engineers also provide technical analysis of video and audio records from sources such as on-train cameras and radio transmissions.
Our railroad accident reconstruction services include the following:
- Railroad Grade Crossing Accidents
- Railroad-Pedestrian Accidents
- Time-Distance Calculations
- Traffic Control at Grade Crossings
- Sight Distance Analysis
- Data Recorder Interpretation and Analysis
- Visibility Studies
- 3D Laser Mapping of Accident Locations